Great Days of Service Bonham
Great Days of Service is a cooperative effort to improve our town, develop community pride and build positive relationships within our community. Churches, businesses, civic groups, youth groups, schools and individuals come together to complete service projects. Children and youth under age 18 are welcome to volunteer, as long as they have a responsible adult that will stay with them.
Save the Date: October 7, 2017
Read about our 2016 Great Days of Service here
Saturday Schedule (October 15, 2016)
- 8 am – Check-in and breakfast at First Baptist fellowship hall
- 9 am – 12 noon – Service Projects at various locations
- 12 pm – 1 pm – Lunch at First Baptist fellowship hall
2016 Service Projects on Saturday, Oct 15
- Community Clean-up – help pick up trash around downtown, parks and other public locations; clean up Bailey Inglish Cemetery, Gates-Hill and Willow Wild Cemetery too!
- Home Improvements – yard work and home maintenance at the homes of elderly or disabled people
- Food Drive – sort, organize and move canned goods to be donated to local groups who feed hungry people
- Nursing Home Visits – sing, dance, play games and visit with residents of area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and group homes
- Powder Creek Playground – apply sealer to the playground, add mulch and do other maintenance work at Powder Creek Playground
- Recycling Project is a fundraiser for the Literacy Council, who provides free GED classes and literacy assistance for adults. Volunteers will help unload cars and trucks with donations.
- Isaiah’s Closet – sort gently used children’s clothing for this new non-profit organization that supports foster families and the kids who live in foster care.
Service Projects on Friday, Oct 14:
- Joy Jamboree is a dance for adults with disabilities and an event to raise funds to support future activities for adults with disabilities. Volunteers are needed to solicit auction items, sponsors, do hair, makeup and nails, decorate, serve food, serve as DJ and coordinate dances and clean-up. This event will be on Friday evening, Oct 14.