Great Days of Service Bonham – October 18, 2014
Great Days of Service is a cooperative effort to improve our town, develop community pride and build positive relationships within our community.
Registration is now open!
Please take a few minutes to sign up and give our leadership team the information we need to make plans. Register
Registration deadline is OCTOBER 5.
Please note: this year some service projects have limits on the number of volunteers. We will accept registrations on a first come, first serve basis. We will still accept late and on-site registrations, however, your choice of service projects may be limited.
2014 Service Projects:
- Community Clean-up – help pick up trash around downtown, parks and other public locations; clean up Bailey Inglish Cemetery too!
- Home Improvements – yard work and home maintenance at the homes of elderly or disabled people
- Painting at the Parks – paint playground equipment at Simpson, Catron and Stephenson Parks; apply sealer to the playground and do other maintenance work at Powder Creek Playground
- Food Drive – sort, organize and move canned goods to be donated to local groups who feed hungry people
- Nursing Home Visits – sing, dance, play games and visit with residents of area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and group homes
- Recycling Project – volunteers will unload donations of items to benefit the Fannin County Literacy Council (See Recycling Fundraiser Flyer for a list of items that will be accepted)
Special Request: We have had 2 requests for wheelchair ramps this year. In order to make this happen, we need 2 team leaders for these projects. The team leaders will be volunteers who agree to take on a leadership role for each wheelchair ramp, making sure materials and tools are at the site, giving direction to volunteers, etc. If you are interested in being a team leader, contact Randy Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also need money to purchase lumber and other supplies for these two wheelchair ramps. We estimate each ramp will cost about $500 ($1,000 total). If you would like to donate to this effort, send checks made out to “FPC” to First Presbyterian at 818 N Main, Bonham, TX 75418. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure to indicate on the check that it is for Great Days of Service.
We will also need skilled and unskilled help to build these wheelchair ramps. Sign-up for “Home Improvement” and in the comment section tell us you want to help with the Wheelchair ramps. Register now
Recycling Fundraiser Flyer - clean out your closets and help the Fannin County Literacy Council provide free GED classes in Bonham and Honey Grove. On Oct 18, volunteers will be accepting donations at the Fannin County Barn for Precinct 4 at 1369 E. Sam Rayburn. Items that will be accepted include computers, cell phones, GPS, cameras, books, DVDs, VHS, CD’s, musical instruments and more. They CANNOT take TVs, CRT computer monitors, hazardous materials, paint, batteries or furniture. For a complete list, go to Recycling Fundraiser Flyer.