Great Days of Service Bonham – October 17, 2015
Great Days of Service is a cooperative effort to improve our town, develop community pride and build positive relationships within our community. Churches, businesses, civic groups, youth groups, schools and individuals come together to complete service projects.
Next Planning Meeting September 8, 2015
Our next planning meeting will be on Tuesday, Sept 8 at 5:30 pm at the Fannin County Children’s Center at 112 West Fifth Street in Bonham. All are welcome!
We are currently seeking churches, businesses and other organizations who want to be an official partner in our 2015 Great Days of Service. Click here to read more about what it means to be a partner and let us know by August 28, 2015.
2015 Service Projects:
- Community Clean-up – help pick up trash around downtown, parks and other public locations; clean up Bailey Inglish Cemetery too!
- Home Improvements – yard work and home maintenance at the homes of elderly or disabled people
- Food Drive – sort, organize and move canned goods to be donated to local groups who feed hungry people
- Nursing Home Visits – sing, dance, play games and visit with residents of area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and group homes
- Powder Creek Playground – apply sealer to the playground, add mulch and do other maintenance work at Powder Creek Playground
- Several new service projects may also be added this year…stay tuned for details!
On-line Registration will open on September 1, 2015!