Great Days of Service Bonham – October 17, 2015
Great Days of Service is a cooperative effort to improve our town, develop community pride and build positive relationships within our community.
Registration for 2015 will open in the summer
Want to be involved in the leadership team that is responsible for planning for 2015? Send an email to Sandy at email@example.com.
2014 Service Projects:
- Community Clean-up – help pick up trash around downtown, parks and other public locations; clean up Bailey Inglish Cemetery too!
- Home Improvements – yard work and home maintenance at the homes of elderly or disabled people
- Painting at the Parks – paint playground equipment at Simpson, Catron and Stephenson Parks; apply sealer to the playground and do other maintenance work at Powder Creek Playground
- Food Drive – sort, organize and move canned goods to be donated to local groups who feed hungry people
- Nursing Home Visits – sing, dance, play games and visit with residents of area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and group homes
- Recycling Project – volunteers will unload donations of items to benefit the Fannin County Literacy Council (See Recycling Fundraiser Flyer for a list of items that will be accepted)
Recycling Fundraiser Flyer - clean out your closets and help the Fannin County Literacy Council provide free GED classes in Bonham and Honey Grove. On Oct 18, volunteers will be accepting donations at the Fannin County Barn for Precinct 4 at 1369 E. Sam Rayburn. Items that will be accepted include computers, cell phones, GPS, cameras, books, DVDs, VHS, CD’s, musical instruments and more. They CANNOT take TVs, CRT computer monitors, hazardous materials, paint, batteries or furniture. For a complete list, go to Recycling Fundraiser Flyer.