Check back for updates as additional projects may be added. Also, as volunteers register and projects fill up, updates will be noted below.
1. Community Clean-up at Bailey Inglish Cemetery – Pick up trash, rake leaves, weed eat and clean-up the Bailey Inglish Cemetery at the corner of 6th and Lynn Streets on Saturday, Oct 12. All volunteers are encouraged to bring work gloves. Trash bags will be provided by 4R Coatings. Volunteers are encouraged to bring rakes and/or weed eaters if they can. When registering, please indicate what equipment you can bring. Maximum Number of Volunteers: 40
2. Community Clean up at Willow Wild Cemetery – Clean up the Willow Wild Cemetery near the intersection of Hwy 121 and Hwy 56 in Bonham on Saturday, Oct 12. Volunteers needed include: people to pick up old, faded flowers, small branches, dead grass, etc; volunteers with power gas blowers for blowing dead grass off monuments and curbing; volunteers with weed eaters to trim around monuments, curbing and fence rows; volunteers with chain saw for trimming small tree limbs and brush in fence rows. (Volunteers are asked to bring any gas blowers, weed eaters or chain saws they have to be used. When registering, please indicate what equipment you can bring. All volunteers are encouraged to bring their own work gloves.) Volunteers Needed: unlimited number
3. Community Clean up at Gates Hill Cemetery – Clean up at the Gates Hill Cemetery in south Bonham on Saturday, Oct 12. Volunteers needed to trim, pick up brush and other tasks. Volunteers are asked to bring any gas blowers, weed eaters or chain saws they have to be used. When registering, please indicate what equipment you can bring. All volunteers are encouraged to bring their own work gloves. Trash bags will be provided by 4R Coatings. Maximum Number of Volunteers: 40
4. Powder Creek Playground – we will give a fresh coat of sealer on the playground at Powder Creek Park, add more mulch and do other maintenance too on Saturday, Oct 12. Maximum Volunteers Needed: 20 – Registration is closed for this project, as we have enough volunteers!
- Fannin County Community Ministries
- Fannin County Family Crisis Center
- Manna House
Canned goods will be collected at:
- All Bonham ISD schools from Oct 7-10
- Other partner organizations can collect food at their locations in early October.
Collected food should be brought to Bailey Inglish cafeteria on Saturday, Oct 12 between 9:15 am – 10:00 am. Contact Bailey Inglish office if you need to drop off during school hours on Thursday or Friday.
Volunteers Needed: maximum of 80 people
6. Socks for Seniors – Nursing Home Visitations – visit residents on Saturday, Oct 12 in area nursing homes and assisted living centers and deliver new socks to the residents. Donations of new socks will be collected at some participating organizations and at the registration desk on Saturday morning. Volunteers Needed: unlimited number
7. Fannin County Children’s Center – volunteers are needed to do yard work (trim bushes, weedeating) and deep cleaning inside the center. Volunteers Needed: maximum of 15
8. Open Arms Shelter – volunteers are needed to paint the outside of the new homeless shelter at 1205 Albert Broadfoot; volunteers should wear clothes they can paint on, all other tools and supplies will be provided. Volunteers Needed: 8
9. Recycling Project – the Fannin County Literacy Council provides free literacy classes and GED prep classes for adults. In order to raise funds to support these classes, they will once again be hosting a Recycling Project. Everyone is encouraged to clean out their homes of unwanted items and bring them to the Fannin County Precinct 4 Barn at 1369 E. Sam Rayburn Drive, Bonham on Saturday, October 12 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Volunteers are needed to help unload donations from cars and truck. Volunteers are encouraged to bring work gloves. Volunteers Needed: 5
SUGGESTED ITEMS INCLUDE:
- ATV’s—Dirt Bikes, Go-Karts, 4 Wheelers, 3 Wheelers, and Jet Skis
- CAMERAS—Camcorders and all non-disposable film and digital cameras
- COLLECTIBLES—Comics, Figurines, Trading Cards, etc.
- COMPUTERS—Desktops, laptops, servers, LCD monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers, and all other computer components
- ENTERTAINMENT & ELECTRONICS—Cell phones, GPS devices, calculators, portable CD and DVD players, PDAs, and MP3 Players, Car and home audio equipment, satellite and cable boxes, VCRs, headphones, and multi-media projectors
- GOLD & SILVER
- HOME & GARDEN—Air purifiers, baby monitors, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators, washers & dryers, power tools, electric razors, sewing machines, refrigerators and medical equipment
- JEWELRY—Costume Jewelry, Watches, and Handcrafted Jewelry
- MULTIMEDIA—DVD and VHS movies, audiobooks, and music CDs. All multimedia items must include original covers.
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS—Guitars, percussion, strings, woodwinds, brass, and electric keyboards
- NON-FICTION BOOKS—Cookbooks, craft books, textbooks, etc.
- OFFICE EQUIPMENT—Fax machines, typewriters, inkjet cartridges, printers, scanners, routers, shredders, and copiers
- POTTERY, COOKWARE & GLASS DINNERWARE—China, Porcelain, Art Pottery,
- SPORTING GOODS—Golf clubs and bags, athletic helmets and pads, baseball bats and gloves, basketball shoes, cleats, hockey sticks, ice skates, and roller blades
- TOYS & GAMES—Action figures, blocks, dolls, stuffed animals, etc.
- VEHICLES—Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycles, Trailers and RV’s
- VIDEO GAMES—Video games, systems, and accessories
They are UNABLE to accept the following items:
- CRT computer monitors
- Office or Home Furniture, including mattresses
- Hazardous Materials.